Snaps & Pointstyle

N/A
Hello - I'm a new user and have three questions that you may be able to help with.

I am trying to snap to the intersection of two lines but am finding that I have to zoom in completely on the intersection for the package to recognise the intersection point. Is there a way to reliably snap to intersections without having to zoom? I have all snap options selected in intelisketch.

Pointstyle - I am creating drawings for instruction and want to be able to see the points I create - is there a way to modify the pointstyle so that I can draw a point that prints as an x or crosshairs?

Arrowheads - can I place arrow heads on construction lines to show direction?
Thanks
FH
4 REPLIES

Re: Snaps & Pointstyle

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Intersection - the secret is to cross over both lines so that they highlight before: going to the intersection area OR using the "I" key to jump to the intersection
Point - Don't believe there is anything you can do to change this other than increase the thickness of it. Depending on what you are trying to do, there may be Annotation elements better suited for what you are trying to represent like the Datum Target (it is placed with a leader but you can delete the leader if not wanted).
Arrowheads - You can not place arrowheads on lines, but you could use the Leader command to place a leader line with an arrow or if in Draft, you can also use the Connector to do the same. The Connector will give you line style options, the Leader will not...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

N/A
Thanks Ken.
I Am now using a 2mm line width for the point command and its ok.
Connector works great for the arrowheads.
Can you tell me how I can use the I key as the intersection snap is a real problem for me- when I get the symbol for intersection I click to start the line but if I zoom in I find that the line has started a few mm away from the actual intersection?
Thanks again for your help.
FH

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
While in the Line command, make sure the cursor has crossed over both lines, hover the mouse over one of the lines and hit the "I" key. Your new line's starting point will jump to the intersection.
http://screencast.com/t/KGpukgDJBB7x

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

N/A
Thanks Ken - Point pick is now working much better and my drawing accuracy is improving following your advice.
FH.