Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5 is On-Line

Everyone,
Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5 is on-line and available as a download from the following web site.

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/index.shtml

Before downloading the ST5 version of 2D Drafting please be aware that the XP operating system is no longer supported.
Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5 will not install on the XP operating system.

You can continue to use ST4 and before by simply obtaining the appropriate license from the web site. You do not need to update the license until your current license is about to expire. The software will start informing you that the license is expiring about 30 days before it does expire.

Be aware that there are two license updates available from the web site. These are ST3 and before, and ST4 and after. Make sure you download the appropriate license or 2D Drafting will error with an invalid license.

Starting with Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST6, which will be released next year, the Vista operating system will not be supported.

Solid Edge follows Microsoft as they cancel support for operating systems.

Enjoy and Regards,
Rick B.
4 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST5 is On-Line

Bummer that it won't work on XP, but I certainly understand.

Will ST5 run on Windows 8, which just released? I'm going to be building a new computer in the near future and will go with Windows 8 if ST5 will run on it.

Thanks,
Ed

No, Microsoft made some changes that mean that ST5 will not install cleanly out of the box on Windows 8. You are better off staying with 7 until ST6 comes out.

No, Microsoft made some changes that mean that ST5 will not install cleanly out of the box on Windows 8. You are better off staying with 7 until ST6 comes out.

Thanks for the information. I'll stick with Windows 7 then.
Ed

Can you still find a ST4 Free 2d Downloads to run on XP?

David