Solid Edge Free 2D - Impressed

N/A
Just a quick message to say how impressed I am with the latest downloadable version of Solid Edge's Free 2D Drafting package.
I have used numerous 2D & 3D packages over the years (AutoCad, Pro-E, Solid Edge,NX,Alibre), covering a variety of disciplines, but must say that I'm extremely impressed with the level of functionality of this package, considering it is free.
A lot of other products in the arena appear to offer full or limited functionality which is limited to about 30 days, after which a full purchase is required. Realistically this often doesn't give the new user long enough to fully trial the product.
I realise that if after using Solid Edge's Free 2D Drafting package a user wants to progress further to 3D they then have to purchase a fully functional licence (I have used the full blown 3D version of Solid Edge, and would recommend it over Pro-E any day), but if the functionality of 2D is suffice, then I think for a free package you would be struggling to find anything out there that competes.
Keep up the good work - from one impressed user.