Solid or filled characters in a text box?

[ Edited ]
Is there a way to fill in the text characters. I want the characters in the attached PDF to be filled instead of outlines and couldn't find a way to do it in the help menu or a search on the forum.

And yes those are Gerber RS-274x files converted to DXF with GerbView and placed into the drawing. It is then printed to the doPDF print driver to make the PDF. Placing the circuit board files into a drawing allows me to correctly and easily find the places where I need to machine the enclosure to fit things like switches, mounting screws, and displays.
5 REPLIES

Re: Solid or filled characters in a text box?

I assume that the text is not really text ince it gets into 2D Drafting.
If you zoom in on the text I believe the text will be stroked geometry.
Click in one of the characters of the text.
You can use the fill command to fill in each piece of each caracter.
Regards,
Rick B.

That's what I thought but was hoping for an easy way to change them to a solid or a check box in the text tool to automatically fill them.

The text in question was generated in ST3 with the text tool and I just found that if I highlight that text it highlights the entire box and fills the entire box.

Randy,

Unfortunately, there is no way to fill those text characters. I am assuming you mean the "MicroStar 2000" text in the middle of the part. My suggestion would be to try to find a font where the text is already filled. We are simply rendering the font in Solid Edge.

Is there a list of fonts that are solid? I tried many of them and they all come out as an outline.