SolidEdge Viewer permissions

N/A
I cannot open any files in Solid Edge Viewer unless I have Administrator privileges on my machine. Otherwise, I get "Failed to Open Document".

Is there a workaround? Right now, the user has to open the file with Solid Edge 2D instead.

Regards
6 REPLIES

Re: SolidEdge Viewer permissions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Which version are you using? One of the versions had a delivered bug where Viewer had to be run with Admin rights to works which was fixed with a subsequent patch to the full product.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

N/A
Hi Ken -
I'm using Solid Edge 2D Free ST5.
I tried downloading and installing Solid Edge Viewer ST6 but when I attempt to install it, it warns me that I cannot because another version is installed. I can't uninstalled Viewer ST5 without also removing 2D Free ST5.
Regards

N/A
Ken or Rick - any resolution to this?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
SE installs a version of the viewer so you cannot install the standalone viewer in addition. You would have to uninstall SE completely to test the ST6 viewer or install SE ST6 Free 2D when available.

Thanks,
Ken

N/A
So if I uninstall ST5 Free, install Viewer 6, and then try to re-install ST5 Free....will it leave the ST6 viewer alone?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
No, you will not be able to install ST5 if the ST6 Viewer is installed. You cannot have the Viewer and SE installed at the same time, even if they are different versions.

Thanks,
Ken