St4 problems

N/A
In draft environment, the PRINT, UNDO/REDO won’t stick to the Quick Access ribbon.
In the model environment, the UNDO/REDO won’t stick to the Quick Access ribbon.

Thanks,
Ron
9 REPLIES

Re: St4 problems

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Ron,
I am not having a problem adding these to the Quick Access toolbar.
Undo and Redo should be there by default.
In the Customize Dialog make sure you do the following.
Click on the Quick Access tab.
I typically set the 'Choose commands from' combo box to All Commands.
You add the commands in the list to the customize list on the right.
When you click on OK, it will prompt you to create a new Theme. Click on Yes.

I can add Print without a problem.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Ron,
I am not having a problem adding these to the Quick Access toolbar.
Undo and Redo should be there by default.
In the Customize Dialog make sure you do the following.
Click on the Quick Access tab.
I typically set the 'Choose commands from' combo box to All Commands.
You add the commands in the list to the customize list on the right.
When you click on OK, it will prompt you to create a new Theme. Click on Yes.

I can add Print without a problem.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky, a few days ago when I first downloaded ST4 and reset all my customized features including the QAT, I didn't notice this problem. Yesterday, I did. The UNDO/REDO are not listed in the Customize box. I got the PRINT command to stick in the DRAFT just now by going to the pull down menu in the upper left corner and right clicking to set it on the QAT. But not UNDO/REDO.
Ron

Community Manager
Ron,
When you try to use Customize, do you have a raft file open.
If a draft file is not open, you will not see all the commands.

Send a screen shot of what you see in customize when you are trying to add commands.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Ron,
When you try to use Customize, do you have a raft file open.
If a draft file is not open, you will not see all the commands.

Send a screen shot of what you see in customize when you are trying to add commands.

Regards,
Rick B.

Ricky, go to http://screencast.com/t/4hVNL0jhEIj to see a video of my attempt to place the UNDO/REDO on the QAT in both the model and draft enviroment. Notice that when I change between model and draft, these commands disappear.

Thanks,
Ron

N/A
Ricky, I haven't heard back after sending you the screen shot. Thoughts?

I did just think of something. You said earlier that the UNDO/REDO is a default QAT command. In order to get the UNDO/REDO in a better position when customizing the QAT, I removed it and added it back. Could that have caused the problem?

Thanks,
Ron

Thanks,
Ron

Community Manager
Ron,
When you go into Customize, click on the Customize command to bring up the Customize dialog. Add Undo and Redo through that dialog instead of using the check method through the list.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Ricky, I had tried that before but those commands were not listed. I checked again and ditto. So I added them via the QAT dropdown menu and rechecked CUSTOMIZE. No luck.

Ron

Community Manager
Ron,
I see that you heavily customize the UI.
Without knowing exactly the steps you initially took to get the UI in the state it is in, I can't resolve the issue. It may be a bug, but I can't tell. I suspect it has something to do with using a combination of the check boxes for Undo and Redo and the Customize dialog. I suggest always using the customize dialog only.

I can give you directions to set the UI back to the initial install look. This will bring the commands back. Then you can start customizing again.

Regards,
Rick B.

N/A
Ricky, yes - I confess that I like to make things very accessible including lots of speed keys. So it will take me awhile to reset. Right now, I have a keyboard with Undo/Redo on it so it's not an immediate problem. Let me have the instructions and when I have time I'll reset it.

Thanks,
Ron