Submitting Files for Review

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Rick, how can I submit a dft file for debugging? I have a reproducible error that will cause SE2D to shut down.

Tim
For the responsibility, an Engineer's pay is a joke.
13 REPLIES

Re: Ask a Question!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Create posts 'messages' for new topics at the top '2DDrafting' heading, not under the 'Ask a question' message. They are easirer to find that way.

When you post to the message board, there is an area below the 'Body' of your post for 'Attachments'. Click on the Browse button to select the file to attach.

Regards,

Rick B.

Re: Ask a Question!

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Rick, thank you for moving my question to a new thread. But does uploading the file in the way you suggested mean that the public will be able to download my file? I am not sure I want to do that.

Anyway, I will try to describe what it is that I did that caused Windows to shut down SE2D. I was trying to draw a tangent line to an ellipse. Let me know if this procedure will indeed cause the program to stop?

Stopped.png

Regards,

Tim

Re: Submitting Files for Review

Pioneer
Pioneer

0K, I suppose this is a major problem that will take time to resolve. But for the benefit of users here, I managed to work around the problem by exporting to dwg and then drew tangent lines to the ellipse in another free 2D package and then import back to SE2D for detailing.

Tim

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Tim, most likely this is a result of a graphics card issue.  I can do this all day without a crash.  I would update your driver and see if that doesn't help.  Otherwise you only option might be to try this on another PC.  Please realize that Solid Edge is not just a 2D package but a professional 3D design product that works best with professional hardware to run it on.  What Solid Edge Free 2D is, is simply the Draft environment from that product and it is not altered to have lower system specs just because it is 2D only...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you Grundey but I have a HP Z class workstation fitted with Nvidia Quadro running on Win 7-64. I have no issue doing what I described with Dassault's Draftsight x64. Are you sure you could duplicate what I was trying to do with SEf2d without a crash?

Tim
Tim

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I'm using the full SE product and in draft, I created an ellipse and then brought a line from it tangent and I did this several times.  Now one difference is that since I am running a commercial version I also have accesses to patches that you do not and I'm on the latest, so that may make a difference.  I am also running an HP Z400 with a Quadro 2000.

(view in My Videos)

Thanks,
Ken

Pioneer
Pioneer
No, not draw a tangent line from it. Draw a tangent line to an ellipse.

Tim
Tim

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

As in the last line I drew in my video?

Thanks,
Ken

Pioneer
Pioneer
Yes, just saw your video. I forgot I could record a video of my steps that leads to the crash. But I am not at work now. Supposing this is a bug of an earlier built. It would be good if Siemens inform this to users. I don't recall that SEf2d can check for updates. In contrast, Dassault informs users by email of updates.

Tim
Tim