Tabling Dimensions

N/A
I am drawing an inspection fixture that uses a "bridge" to gage the height of parts. We will be measuring multiple similar parts with gages made from this design with the exception that the height of the bridge will be different. When I used paper and pencil I used to make a dimensional callout for the height, say for example, "A". I would then begin to build a table of different values for "A" depending on the parts to be measured. This saved me alot of time when new parts came about and all I had to do was to add a new entry for the new part and then order the bridge gage specifying the different "A" dimension.

I have not found a clean way to apply a dimension that is a letter value for this callout. All the dimensioning tools display a numerical value. Anyone have any ideas?
3 REPLIES

Re: Tabling Dimensions

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Change your Dimension Type to "Blank" and then create a Suffix or Prefix as your letter ("A").

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

N/A
Thanks, that worked.
How would I apply a tolerance to the "A" dimension? I tried the suffix but it looks clunky and the dimension letter "A" is now quite a distance away from the dimension lines.

N/A
You could put the tolerance as a subfix and it will be directly underneath the "A". Just another option.