Tool Bars

N/A

I customized my toolbars to the way I want them in modelspace however, when I switch
to a sheet tab, the toolbars change. is there a way to keep the toolbars the same
in modelspace and in paperspace tabs?
Also, is there a file (maybe an INI file) that I can copy from my work computer
to my home computer so my user settings will be the same?
3 REPLIES

Re: Tool Bars

N/A

Steve,
Toolbars are defined by each environment. Draft(Working Sheet)is an environment.
2D Model is another environment. The default commands on the toolbars will change
from one environment to another. For example the 2D Model View command is not available
in the 2D Model environment. It is used to create 2D Model Views on a working sheet
using the geometry in the 2D Model environment. Tool bar customization is also controlled
by each environment.
The customization of the toolbars is stored in the registry, not in an external
file such as an INI file.
Rick B.

N/A

Thanks Rick,
So the only way I can get identical toolbar layouts for both work and home is to
manually do each?

"Ricky Black" wrote:
>
>Steve,
>Toolbars are defined by each environment. Draft(Working Sheet)is an environment.
>2D Model is another environment. The default commands on the toolbars will
>change
>from one environment to another. For example the 2D Model View command is
>not available
>in the 2D Model environment. It is used to create 2D Model Views on a working
>sheet
>using the geometry in the 2D Model environment. Tool bar customization is
>also controlled
>by each environment.
>
>The customization of the toolbars is stored in the registry, not in an external
>file such as an INI file.
>
>Rick B.
>

N/A

Steve,
If you know how to use the registry, you can export and import registry settings.
If you don't know what I am talking about, then I would not suggest you try this.
You can trash your entire system if you don't know what you are doing with the registry.
Rick B.