Unable to open past saved files

Begining yesterday, I am unable to open any of my saved drawings from the home page of Solid Works drafting. I get the following message box:

Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST
Cannot open file. Make sure the file is the correct type and version for the application and that you have read access.

Like I said this began yesterday. Has anyone got any ideas?

Wayne
8 REPLIES

Re: Unable to open past saved files

Wayne,
Were you able to resolve your issue. There are problems with the newsgroup. I am finding out that I am not getting all the messages.

Regards,
Rick B.

Gday fellas
I have just started getting the same error. I imported a dxf file into solid edge on the managers pc, edited it and saved it out as a dft. When I tried to open the same drawing on my pc i get the same error, yet I can open the drawing on the foremans pc. Is it a config issue?

Send the file to me and I will check it out.
Regards,
Rick B.

I believe the software versions on the pc's were slightly different. There were some option under the applications button on the managers and the foremans versions that were not on mine. I uninstalled and redownloaded then reinstalled the software. The applications options were there and it all works nicely again. We can draw, save and edit from any of the pc's.

I also am getting the same error occasionally in SE 2D ST5. Out of about 20 files saved, now 2 of them will not open. I have tried to open them on another machine running the same program version (105.00.01.015), but get the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you send one of the files. I will have it checked. Email it directly to me.
Regards,
Rick B.

Hi I am very new to solid edge. I have downloaded the program and when I try to open a .dwg file to mark up the electrical drawings, I continually get a message "failed to open document" message. Are .dwg files not able to be opened and edited with Solid Edge?
Wazza

DWG files can be opened with Solid Edge granted they are saved to a AutoCAD 2012 version or earlier. Solid Edge currently cannot open AutoCAD 2013/2014 version files.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10