Updates

Ricky,

I am unable to find how to subscribe for updates to 2D ST7 - unusual for a seller not to 'advertise' heavily its paid for services!

Please will you guide me.

Sincere thanks,

Roger H

2 REPLIES

Re: Updates

Roger,

There are no intermediate maintenance pack updates for the Free 2D Drafting software. The only updates that are available for Free 2D Drafting are the major releases. Currently the license for each release is timed. Users of Free 2D Drafting are required to return to the web site and either get a new license which allows them to contimue using their current version or they can download the latest version which will contain any bug fixes or enhancements. If there is a significant issue with a specific release the software will be rebuilt and reposted on the Free 2D Download web site. This has only happened one time in the existence of Free 2D Drafting.

Keep in mind that this is free software and does not fall into the same update category as Solid Edge. If you are a Solid Edge customer and are paying maintenance for Solid Edge, the same maintenance packs can be applied to your download of Free 2D Drafting. This is the only condition in which your statement about "paid for services" would apply.

Regards,

Rick B.

Re: Updates

Rick,

Once again many thanks for the very quick response.  I read about someone referring to your final paragraph, which led me to believe updates were available for free 2D from time to time.  I also recollect some years ago users of free 2D being asked if they would be prepared to make a small contribution for a regular 'update.'

Sincere thanks,

Roger H