Using a digitizer in Solid Edge

Creator
Creator

I'm a new user and i'm trying to use a CalComp digitizer with SolidWorks.  It works in the drawing screen but i can't get it to draw a line accurately.  I'm tracing paper patterns that i want to then modify with the cad software.

When i draw a 3 inch line, it shows the X line as 2.2828 which gives me a scale factor of 1.31417.  I cannot find anywhere to set the global scale factor so that all lines would be drawn to actual size.

I've searched all over the internet and through the help files.  I find lots of scale factor options, but nothing that will give me what i need.

Is this not possible in Solid Edge ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Using a digitizer in Solid Edge

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor

I've done what you are doing in Autocad but not in Solid Edge.

It could be the digitizer. I seem to rember the first step sfter tunign it one was calibrating it to find each corner. Look at the calcomp driver there maybe a setting in there for calibration or scaling.

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the idea.  I've checked the TabletWorks software, but haven't found anywhere to do that.  I will investigate further.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

How big is what you are digitizing? I think these days most folks would scan it in and then use it as a backdrop image and trace over it right in CAD. This is really a lot easier IMO if you can go that route.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Creator
Creator

The digitizer is 44 x 60 and some patterns are almost that large.