Welcome to the Solid Edge 2D Drafting Forum - Please READ BEFORE POSTING

This community site is created primarily for users of Solid Edge 2D Drafting but everyone is welcome to join in on the discussions. The intent of this forum is to promote a community awareness of the software.

This site is your avenue for getting help with issues like installation and general usage of Solid Edge 2D Drafting. Please use this site to ask questions. Also, use this site as a general discussion forum to communicate with and share experiences with other users.

Help your fellow user by joining in on the discussions. Make it fun by communicating with others.

The following are some guidelines for using the community:

1. Be professional with your questions and responses.
  2. Participate in the discussions. The best way to learn the software is to actively communicate with other users.
  • If you have a question, ask.
  • Be sure to utilize the search functionality of the forum, your question might have already be asked and answered
  • If you have an answer, help your fellow user. If you asked the question, give appropriate "Accepted Solutions" to whom answered
  • Give Kudos where appropriate  
  • Additional Community guidelines can be found on the Rules of Participation Thread 
  • If you have suggestions on improving this community, please use the Community Suggestion Forum
  • Be sure to check out the Community "How to's" to know how to use the community

Ricky Black

Solid Edge Product Manager - Draft / PMI

Solid Edge Planning

7 REPLIES

Re: Welcome to the Solid Edge 2D Drafting Forum - Please READ BEFORE POSTING

Ricky, this site does not appear to be listed on the Solid Edge site, so it might be difficult to find.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Ken,

This is a work in progress. A link to the 2D Drafting community site will be added from the Solid Edge community site soon.

Thanks,

Rick B.

Ricky,

I agree with Ken - it was a real job finding you all! And you were all sadly missed, the old forum was a great source of knowledge for the uninitiated like me.   I was not even aware the old Bulletin Board was coming to an end - just aware that there was a sudden drop off in posts.  Maybe there are others in the same boat?

I seem to have 'the old problem again' though this time I believe the reason is diffferent.  I have a file opening problem.  There is an error message: 'Error4047p638 cannot open file.'

I am using ST6 and Windows 7 Home Premium, the file was created about a year ago.  Having had similar problems before I keep a separate 'backup' file.  However, opening the backup file results in the same error message.

Your guidance will be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Roger Hurrell

Roger,

If you will email the file to me, I will have development take a look to see why it does not open. What version was the file last saved in?

Email the file to ricky.black@siemens.com.

Regards,

Rick B.

CHello. I had solid edge a couple years ago, and want to install the 2d drafting on a new laptop. I am not sure how to get the download link. Please reply.

Thanks, Mr-B

Does this get you what you need: http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/solid-edge/free2d/

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

I note from many posts Ricky that you've been able to help the various dinosurs like me who continue to use 32 bit XP.

There's still a lot of us out her!

Please could you help me with getting the ST6 link, I've just had a bit of HD trauma, of my own making.......

Best wishes,

Mike