cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who could show me how to set up my own background sheet?

N/A
I just installed Solid Edge ST5 2D drafting and prepare to use it draft my own drawings. Now I have my first problem: When I click "Create 2D Drawing", it always shows the background that has a samll box at the bottom right-hand corner with a few cells and one of the cells is filled in with "Solid Edge". Actaully, this background is nice, so I want to use the box at the bottom right-hand corner. i do not want to remove this box completely, I just want to replace the "Solid Edge" with my compnay name and fill my drawing number, etc. Now, the only thing I can do is to remove the whole background by unchecking "Show background" in pop out Shhee Setup window. Could anyone help me with my problem?

Thank you very much in advance!

Winston
1 REPLY

Re: Who could show me how to set up my own background sheet?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Background sheets can be edited by going to your View tab.and turning on the Background sheet display. You will see the background tabs at the bottom of the display. Edit them as you see fit. You will then want to turn their display back off and then save the file to be used as a template. Best if you save.it to My Documents and then in Solid Edge Options in the File Locations section you can set the User Template location to where you saved the template.
Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10