Wizard Interrupted

[ Edited ]
Has anyone found an answer to this problem? Please see attached.

Thanks -

George N.
8 REPLIES

Re: Wizard Interrupted

Make sure that the User Account Control has been turned off, system rebooted, and virus scanner disabled before installing, and then right mouse click on Setup.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I'll gave that a try (only once) without success. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Maybe that has something to do with the problem.
I'll keep poking at it.
Thanks -
George N.

I've tried installing with the UAC off, Avast anti-virus disabled, and a clean boot. Prior to the boot I downloaded and installed all required and recommended Windows updates. Still no luck. I get the same message as posted (jpg) above. The program I'm trying to install is "SE2DDraftV104English.EXE." Should this work in Windows 7? Any more ideas/hints to try?
Thanks again -
George N.

When you install it may request to install other components. Make sure you allow this.

Regards,
Rick B.

It doesn't ask for anything - just give me the above message when I hit the install button.
Thanks for the help but I've put to much time into this. I'd done trying.
George N.

I am using Windows Vista, 64 bit. I am attempting to install Solid Edge ST4 and I get the same, InstallShield Wizard errors, and same results as bigbenkettlecorn@gmail.com. If a solution is ever found, I would be happy to use solid edge 2d. Thank you.

I am using Windows Vista, 64 bit. I am attempting to install Solid Edge ST4 and I get the same, InstallShield Wizard errors, and same results as bigbenkettlecorn@gmail.com. If a solution is ever found, I would be happy to use solid edge 2d. Thank you.

Me too experimenting the same problem on Windows Vista 32 bits. It could be nice to see Solid Edge 2d in action, some suggestion?

I have asked in another thread for this while getting the same message. But I found a solution by myself, so I want to share it here.

In my case the reason was the remains of a pre-installed McAfee. Although it was already uninstalled, it prohibited the installation of SE2D. I could solve this by using the removal tool from McAfee (MCPR, the customer product removal tool), which removes the hidden (but still active!) parts of the software. The installation of SE2D ran perfectly afterwards.

So, if you face this problem, it could be caused by the ruin of a previously installed AV software of any manufacturer. Try using their specific removal tool before installing SE2D.

HTH,
Oliver