i need the license

Hello,
yesterday I've downloaded the program SE2DDraftV104ITALIAN ST4 but after opening asks me for a license ...

Where i found it?

Tks
5 REPLIES

Re: i need the license

The proper license should have been applied when you installed the software.
Please do the following:
Go to the "C:\Program files\Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4\Program" folder.
There is a file there called "SELicense.dat". Open this file with Notepad.
Copy the contents of this file and paste into a reply to this post. Then close the file without saving it. I will take a look at the file to see if it is correct.

Regards,
Rick B.

Hi,
thanks for your attention

in
\\....\c$\Program Files\Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4\Program\
here is the content of the file SELicense.dat

INCREMENT solidedge2ddrafting selmd 104.0 31-mar-2013 uncounted \
HOSTID=DEMO ISSUER=UGS SIGN="19F2 0C7A F681 269F BCD0 E0E7 \
669A 979B 2498 DE77 542D 952C 9252 62CA 53DA 020F 8522 C9F4 \
8777 6394 5BF1 50DF 1C6A 3594 4E71 951F 0F07 184D A5A0 DBFD"

bye

That is the proper license file. It was installed properly.
Here are a few more things to check.

First, what operating system are you on (XP, Vista, Win7)?

Are you running remotely or on the machine that the software was installed on? Solid Edge 2D Drafting will not run remotely.

I have also seen problems with UAC and installation. When you install you should install with the UAC turned off and make sure you install as administrator. Uninstalling, turning off UAC, and installing as administrator may fix the issue. When you download the software, save it locally to your machine instead of running it directly. This way you have it in the case you need to install again.

Another thing to check for is to see if there is a system variable called SEDEMON_LICENSE_FILE or SELMD_LICENSE_FILE?
To check for this on Win7 open Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer). Right Mouse click on 'Computer'. Click on 'Properties'. Click on 'Advanced system settings'. Click on 'Environment Variables'. You will see two lists. See if one of the variables above are in the lists and let me know.

Regards,
Rick B.

First, what operating system are you on (XP, Vista, Win7)?

win server 2008 std

Are you running remotely or on the machine that the software was installed on? Solid Edge 2D Drafting will not run remotely.

It's running into a phisical machine

I have also seen problems with UAC and installation. When you install you should install with the UAC turned off and make sure you install as administrator.

just do it, I'm a system administrator

Uninstalling, turning off UAC, and installing as administrator may fix the issue. When you download the software, save it locally to your machine instead of running it directly. This way you have it in the case you need to install again.

... mmm

Another thing to check for is to see if there is a system variable called SEDEMON_LICENSE_FILE or SELMD_LICENSE_FILE? ..

I'll try

Regards

It may be related to installing on a Win Server machine. This is not a supported operating system. Althouth I believe some have been successful in getting it to run on these systems. There is a Readme file in the software installation folder. It will give you more information about system requirements.

Regards,
Rick B.