[langtitle=fr]Problème sur le fichier Aide ST5[/langtitle]

Bonjour à tous,
Lorsque je lance l'aide, une fenetre s'ouvre avec à gauche le menu et les rubriques mais sur la fenetre de droite, là ou devrait se trouver le texte d'aide, je ne voit que du code HTML. Comment régler le problème?
Merci d'avance pour le petit coup de main ;_)

Windows 7 standard + SE ST5
2 REPLIES

Re: [langtitle=fr]Problème sur le fichier Aide ST5[/langtitle]

I asked the person who is over the Help system and this was his response.

We have had one instance from someone who sees this on a Windows 8 machine. Just one machine we can t reproduce it on any other.
We are researching, but at the moment, I don t even have a clue, except that it s clearly something about the Windows system. The help files are fine, but for some reason the help viewer that comes with the IE browser isn t rendering the file the right way.

So for now I don't know how to help.
Regards,
Rick B.

Re: [langtitle=fr]Problème sur le fichier Aide ST5[/langtitle]

[ Edited ]
I have an update to this issue.

We resolved the case where we were able to reproduce this here. It seems to result from having installed a browser other than IE and making it the default browser. I’ll try to explain how we fixed it.

Do you know how to use Regedit? See attachment.

• Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.htm
Ensure there is a Content Type value with Type = REG_SZ (String), and Data = text/html

• Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.htm
If there is no .htm key at that path, or there is one but it has no Content Type value, you are done and can stop.
Otherwise, ensure it is set to text/html as with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE one.

It is not necessary to make IE the default browser – we just believe that the alternate browser’s method of registering itself as the default overwrote some IE registry settings, leading to the problem described.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rick B.