license for Solid Edge 2d Free ST4

Hello how do I get the license for Solid Edge 2d Free ST4

Stein
47 REPLIES

Re: license for Solid Edge 2d Free ST4

Stein,
Are you a new user?
When you install the Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 software, the installation will install the license for you.
Make sure you have UAC disabled when you install the software.
Install as Admin.

Regards,
Rick B.

hi can u send me license code again

Please get me the licence for solid edge 2d free ST4

Why do you need an update ST4 license for Free Solid Edge 2D Drafting?
When you install the software, the ST4 license will be installed for you.

You should only need a license to update ST3 and before.

If you downloaded and Installed Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 and the license was not properly installed, I ned to understand your current situation.
Make sure you temporarily disable the UAC. You can reset it after installation. The UAC cann affect the installation.
Make sure you install as an administrator.

Regards,
Rick B.

Hi
I have same problem that coleg above, I have instaled solid edge 2d free version and after couple months off use it yestarday I got a message that program is for free but is required licence update. I clice required link and I register again but I only got ussername and password for this forum I haven't got new licenc for 2d version.

When you go to the web page and enter your information, click on the submit button at the bottom of the web page. This will take you to a web page where you can find the downloads. At the bottom of this page is a specific download for the license update. This allows you to update your existing version license without updating to the most recent version of the software. The license update is a zip file when you open this file, you will see a .dat file (the license update) and a text file. The text file will have directions on how to apply the updated license.

We post a new version yearly. You most likely downloaded just before the most recent version was posted. The built in license is good for 18 months before you have to update. Then you can either update the license or update to the most recent version.

Regards,
Rick B.

Why do you need an update ST4 license for Free Solid Edge 2D Drafting?
When you install the software, the ST4 license will be installed for you.

You should only need a license to update ST3 and before.

If you downloaded and Installed Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4 and the license was not properly installed, I ned to understand your current situation.
Make sure you temporarily disable the UAC. You can reset it after installation. The UAC cann affect the installation.
Make sure you install as an administrator.

Regards,
Rick B.

Hi,
I disabled UAC, installed ST4 as administrator.
When I start ST4, it asks me for a licence.
Josef

Hi
I've the same problem ...
Have you find a solution ?

Regards
fifi

Go to the "Solid Edge 2D Drafting ST4\Program" folder. There is a file there called SELicense.dat. Open the file with Notepad. Copy the contents of the file and post into a reply to this thread. Close the file without saving it. Changing the file will corrupt it. I will take a look at it.

Regards,
Rick B.