moving an object / geometry

I've drawn a rectangle using create rectangle by 2 points . I now want to move the entire rectangle so it's center is at x - 5mm  and y 0 mm . How do I do that ?

8 REPLIES

Re: moving an object / geometry

Turn on grid and set the snap option to on.

You can either:

• Set your grid major and minor spacing to accomidate the measurements, turn readout on, and then use Move to move the rectangle aligning the start point to the center of it and then using the snap and readout to set to the desired distance
  • Turn on your grid and snap, the origin will be the red intersecting lines.  Use the Move command to move the rectangle using the center as the move from point and move it to the grid origin, then move it again and type in the move distance that you want it offset.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

I can't find the move command

?
--
null

[ Edited ]

It's on the "Sketching" tab, in the "Draw" pallet.

...you might also try the "Command Finder" at the bottom right of the screen....it'll give visual cues to lead you there also.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I hate tryinjg to learn this stuff . I used mastercam to draw 2d stuff but I last did it in 2003 . I actually found my old disk and dongle but the disk is from 1997 or so and I couldn't even get it to load on my aprox . 10 year old xp computer . I found the move and was able to move it around by dragging it . Alll I'm doing is trying to just draw a rectangle with radii in the corners and then trying to figure out how they would turn out if instead of spinning the radii on a cross slide turntable , I just make say three cuts with the block tipped first at 45 degrees and then 22 1/2 and then at 67 1/2 . I thought after that I could just hit the sharp edges with a file and be pretty close . Instead of trigging it all out I thought just draw it and analyze the results , if that makes any since . Thanks

?
--
null

[ Edited ]

Hi Jamie,

It's way easier than the old MasterCAM UI....have a look at this quick video, to see if I got what your looking for covered.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Exactly what I want to do . I told my buddy I thought we could do it like that but he says 'gotta do it on the cross slide " . Problem is , the cross slide needs to be assembled and then put on the mill and we don't have a cart to carry the cross slide to the mill so he said he needs to borrow one . My thought was just to mill the lines you drew tangent and hit the sharp points with a file . the radii are 15.3 mm in one corner and 16.6 mm in another corner but only a portion of the 90 degree sweep ( I guess that's what I'd call it ) is in the corners . we've got .13mm tolerance and I'm thinking maybe a thousnath or 2 is all that will be left to hit with a file . I'll continue monkeying with it . Thanks .

OK, cool....& you're very welcome.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

To move the rectangle, you can first pick its center using alignment indicators then mov eit using either grid snapping as shown below:

or using the key-in as below:

Regards,

Tushar Suradkar