old forum threads

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Ricky

Is there a way to view all the threads that were on the the old forum as there was a lot of excellent info there?

Pete

4 REPLIES

Re: old forum threads

Phenom
Phenom

Pete,

I beleive that the Sold Edge Newsgroup should not be put up here on this Community. without some discretion. There is a lot of dirty laundry on there along with all the good stuff.  In the early releases of Synchronous Technology some of the comments (mostly mine) were pretty brutal expressions of dissatisfaction.  But as many now know, I am now one of Synch's biggest fans, and find anyone not using it, stuck in dark ages.

Maybe I'm wrong in my assumption, but some things on the Newsgroup would only give those who turn their nose up at Solid Edge and Synch, too much ammo to use against it... so there are risks in putting this out to the public as this forum does. The problem is people could and will take many topics discussed completely out of context, and only use what suits their own personal gripes and agenda.

The truth is however that if ALL the discussions were taken in their full context, people would come to appreciate just how responsive and accommodating Dan Staples and the Solid Edge Development have been in making Solid Edge with Synchronous the great product it is today. I just can't say enough good things about just how much Dan and Development were these past 7 years in listening to the users ideas, but more importantly to their complaints about how the software has evolved. There is no other CAD package that gives their users such a say in the direction of their software and how it works.

So maybe we just need the folks here running this Community to do a little more to get this valuable info up here, and leave the tawdry stuff in the shadows.

They can start by fixing the **bleep** Spellchecker both on this website and in Solid Edge.... there, I've put out some dirty luandry.... Smiley Tongue I mean laundry.

Bob

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply

I think some of Rickys responses to questions were very detailed and it would be a shame if that info was lost and frustrating for Ricky if he has to provide the same info that a quick search of old posts would have revealed.

Maybe an acceptable solution would be to limit old posts from when, say ST4 was released.

Pete

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Bob,

I believe Pete is discussing migrating the 2D Drafting newsgroup, not the full Solid Edge newsgroup. The 2D Drafting newsgroup is available for those users who have registered for the 2D Drafting software.

Pete,

I am working on this.

Regards,

Rick B.

Phenom
Phenom

Gotcha... I forgot about that.

Bob