projection line break

Creator
Creator

Hello friends!

How can I add a projection line break to set a space from elements that are not dimensions, like a text box for example?

6 REPLIES

Re: projection line break

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Projection line breaks are specific to crossing projection lines of dimensions. With limited information I assume you are wanting text of annotations to cover whatever they are displayed over. There are properties in the annotations to 'Fill text with background color'. For a callout it is on the Text and Leader tab of the Callout properties. For a dimenison it is on the Text tab of the dimension properties. This can be enabled in the Dimension style that is shared by dimensions and annotations on the dimension style Text tab. Text box does not share the the dimension style. It has its own style. Set the fill color of the text box to the same color as the background color. This is all dependent on the display order. Use the Bring to Front command to ensure that the dimensions and annotations are on top of other geometry. then the text of the annotation will cover the geometry such that the geometry does not display through the text. You can enable these options in the dimension style in your Draft template. Then all new Draft files created from this template will display as you expect.

Regards,

Rick B.

Creator
Creator

Hi Rick,

Thank you, it helped! Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

is it possible to add a break line over a feature control frame leader? I don't want to cover the text (that solution is given above) but I want to break a dimension project line that crosses the feature control frame leader or datum frame leader so you get a small gap the same as when a projection break line is added to a dimension which crosses another dimension line (not text).

See also the image below. The dimension breaks at the diameter 11 but not at the feature controle frame leader.

Thanks for answering!

Kind regards,

Arno

Capture.JPG

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately the "Add PProjection Line Break" command only "sees" other dimension lines as input.  Leader lines on annotation are not valid input.  You can fake it by placing an empty text box with it's fill property set to "background" and then use "Move to Front" or "Send to Back" to place the elements in the right order to greate the gap you desire.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Ken,

thanks for answering! For a small drawing your solution would be ok, but for a larger drawing it's almost impossible to put a text box on every leader line timewise.

Kind regards,

Arno

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@AHE I agree, and the empty text box solution is not ideal when updating a drawing as they do not move with the dims/leaders.  It would be nice if the projection line break worked on these other objects, but they don't so the workaround is all we have.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1