Solved! Go to solution

"print drawings" filename

Hi Guy's

There was an awsum feature which no longer seems to work for me.

When I wanted to create pdf's of multiple sheets of a dft file I would select "print drawings", the printer I would choose would be pdfcreator ( freeware psuedo printer ) and click print. I would get a pdf of every sheet and the filenames would be automatically generated by SE2d ST8 and would be comprised of the .dft name with the sheet name appended.

It was so fast and easy. Unfortunately it no longer appends the sheet name to the filename and I cannot work out why.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Pete

4 REPLIES

Re: "print drawings" filename

Hi @pgw200,

I can only summise, that you had placed call-out [probably "active document" property text, something like; "%{File Name} - %{Sheet name}"] text onto those draft sheets......if this is what you want all the time, then place that onto your system draft template.

ST8_DFT_CalloutText_FileName-SheetName.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi @pgw200

Try installing PrimoPDF or from within Solid Edge - Save As - PDF - Options dialog - Select All Sheets, though I am not sure if the 2D Drafting has the PDF save feature:

2016051901.jpg

~Tushar Suradkar

Solid Edge Users Facebook Group

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgw200
‎05-27-2016 03:43 AM

Hi Sean

I do use property text but as far as I'm aware I don't use "filename' or "sheetname " anywhere.

I found a solution but have no idea how or why it works.

If I store the dft file on the server then "print drawings" does not append the sheetname to the filename when using 3rd party pdfcreator. However if I store the file locally everything works fine. It's a mystery Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help

Pete

Hi Tushar

Unfortuneatly free2d doesn't support save as PDF.

I tried primopdf as you suggested and it is good, however pdfcreator has some options which I prefer.

In fact I am using a very old version of pdfcreator because the new version doesn't work as well for my needs.

Thanks for your suggestion

Pete