reviste draft template

Experimenter
Experimenter

Has any one tried to change/upgrade or revise the template of a batch of drawings?

I have a lots of draft tiles that use different templates for different companies. Now a new template that meges all the previous templates into one single template document. Now, I want to reivse all those drawings to have the new template so I can choose what sheet and title block to use as I can do with my new template.

Please if I wasn't clear, let me know I would really like to know the opinion of the community.

Regards

Vic.  

3 REPLIES

Re: reviste draft template

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

This can be done through automation and there are a couple of visual basic utilities some folks have written to do this.  If you are using the "Free" version, I believe that the API needed to use custom code is not accessible.  If you are using the "commercial" version (Solid Edge 2D - you had to purchase a license/maintenance), then it will have a usable API.

Search in the Solid Edge Forum for "replace background" and you should find them.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

FYI, in ST9 there is a new "Replace Background" command that although it does not allow you to do en masse changes, it will greatly ease the process for changing the background sheet manually.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

And since there is also an API for it, it could simplify the automation of a bulk change process as well Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10