Solved! Go to solution

rotate tool unavailable?

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to rotate in Solid Edge 2D drafting.  I just upgraded from Version 5 to Version 6.

According to the following site:

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Blog/View-Orientation-Tools/ba-p/18173

it appears there is supposed to be a Rotate tool in the Orient Bar on the View Tab, and also some keyboard shortcuts, but I do not have the Rotate tool and none of the keyboard shortcuts listed in the above reference are doing anything.

I tried looking through the Solid Edge options in the menu and in the Customize and Customize Ribbon to see if I had to add this option, but I did not even see the Rotate tool option there.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you,

Jason

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mickm
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: rotate tool unavailable?

Jason,

The commands you are refering to at the link you provide are 3D view manipulation commands. I assume you are trying to actually rotate geometry. If so, the Rotate command is on the drop list of commands under the Move command. Click on the Home tab. In the Draw command group click on the little down arrow beside the Move command. You will see the Rotate command there. You also need to take advantage of the Command Finder at the bottom of the application window. Key in Rotate in the Command Finder and Enter. It will bring up a list of commands that match what you keyed in. In this case Rotate.

Regards,

Rick B.

Re: rotate tool unavailable?

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your prompt reply and great explanation where to find the rotate tool.

The command finder will be a big help!

Jason