scaling sheet view

I recently upgraded my Free 2d to ST7.  I am having trouble when I place a view of the 2d model on a sheet view.  I used to place the view then there was a task box that would show up when I clicked on the items that had been placed on the sheet view that would allow me to change the size of the items displayed.  I am sure I have done this after the upgrade but the task bar does not show up at this point.  Is there a setting that I could have accidentally changed to hide this task bar?

3 REPLIES

Re: scaling sheet view

I am not sure I am following what you are saying. When you place a 2D Model View on a Working Sheet (sheet view?), you can select the 2D Model view and get a modify command bar for the 2D Model view. There is UI on this command bar to change the scale of the 2D Model view. But you cannot change the geometry from here. If you double click on the 2D Model view you will be taken to 2D Model where the geometry was created. You can then change the geometry.

Regards,

Rick B.

What I usually do with the sheets is scale whatever I have drawn to a pre drawn 8-1/2 X 11 sheet size with title block for printing.  I go to 2D model and place it on my sheet and then click on "FIT" and click on the view or model and get a bar that shows up so I can scale view so it fits onto the title block sheet.  For some reason this bar was not showing up but later it was working again.  As far as I know nothing was changed to cause the bar to work again. 

EMW1 wrote:

For some reason this bar was not showing up but later it was working again.  As far as I know nothing was changed to cause the bar to work again. 

Must have been some part of the process step[s] that were being missed, or accidentally dropped with a [rogue] right mouse button click.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10