Dimension problem when scaling

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am trying to dimension the distance of a cut out:

First.PNG

The dimension I wish to change is the .793.

Second.PNG

I change it to 1.0, but this happens:

Third.PNG

The line above it says it is "Not in Scale", what ever that means.

Why can I not change that dimension?

Alfred

3 REPLIES

Re: Dimension problem when scaling

try to click the vector arrow on the dimension so that the anchor in the axis and the aarrow points to the cut depth... ?

if you want to share your part file we would be happy to take a closer look and advise...

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Betreff: Dimension problem when scaling

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @alfred

as already mentioned by @MattJohnson_PG the best always would be to share the part, but as far as I can see on Your pictures, there is a small red cross on the left side of the cutout.

This is the symbol for a connected relation to - I suppose - the center, axis, sketch, etc. - and this will prebent You from any movement of that side face.

This assumption will be forced by the brown line what also indicates that You tried to change something what can't be changed

Try to delete that and I think everything will work fine.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Dimension problem when scaling

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@alfred  It appears you are using the Ordered environment.  As such, the Dimensions need to be "locked" to drive the geometry otherwise you just override the label hence the underline.  When you click your existing dimensions, notice the "unlocked" lock button on the dialog.  Click it to "locked".

When placing a new dimension, there is a lock on the Command Bar.  Make sure that is "locked" before placing the dimensions and then you will not have to lock them one by one.

Ken

Production: ST10 MP3
Testing: SE 2019