Editing multiple parts at once

I'd like to edit multiple parts in an assembly at once, like shown in this awesome demonstration here: https://youtu.be/JtWnxnK_FN0

But I'm working with an imported STEP file of an assembly from another tool.  SE seems to only let me move parts when I have the assembly open, not make synchronous edits involving multiple part surfaces at once.

The big difference I see in the demo video seems to be that the parts in the demo assembly seem to be shown in the Pathfinder as "Assembly Features" while in my imported STEP assembly case they are not.  The imported STEP file brings in all the parts as "grounded" but I don't know if that's important here.

Can someone help a newbie?

2 REPLIES

Re: Editing multiple parts at once

OK, bad form to answer my own question, but I was looking at a Matt Lombard posting here and found out the answer.

I simply need to change the Select mode to "Face Priority" instead of "Part Priority" and it works like a charm.

As with any new software one is trying to learn, there are certainly quirks and hiccups, but this is awesome!  Try to do that in Brand X!!! Smiley Happy

Re: Editing multiple parts at once

[ Edited ]

Hi there @coroto,

Glad you figured it out.....and finding your own answer, and posting that here, is far from bad form.....maybe many other users will learn from it, and that's awesome to see!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10