Frustrating

So, I regestered and finally managed to download the trial software. The download was terribly slow and frequently was "interrupted". I fould that if I used Internet Explorer instead of Chrome or Firefox, I was able to retry after the download stopped due to interruption. Once the download completed, I tried to install the software. For some reason, the installation failed sometime after installing .NET 4 full. Somehow in the process, the installer deleted the installation file. (I am a fool for not making a copy apparently). So, now I am back to trying the download again. But, of course, I didn't have a link directly to the software download. I only had a link to the form to request a download. So I filled it in again. But it wouldn't let me proceed because I had already requested the download. Ultimately, I had to re-register with a different email address to get to the download links again.

This is really making me wonder if this evaluation is worth the trouble. I have a pretty good quote from SolidWorks, so maybe that is the better way to go.

While I understand that Siemens may not want to make the download links available without registration, the process that is in place has a big hole that if something goes wrong, it is their most likely customers that get the most frustrated. It seems to me that if they just provided a direct link to the download page in the license email or even in the sticky in this forum, it would have saved me a lot of frustration and perhaps made me a happy customer.

For anyone else stuck looking for the link:
http://dl.plm.automation.siemens.com/akdlm/SolidEdgeV104ENGLISH_32Bit.exe

Regards,CC
1 REPLY

Re: Frustrating

First, thanks for sticking it out this far and I apologize for any issues you have encountered. I've sent a new link and license file just in case. There have been a few unforseen issues in our download process that we're working through.

I see you have a good quote from SolidWorks, but please give us the benefit of the doubt and continue with your evaluation of Solid Edge.

I've asked your contact information be routed to our local people ASAP, perhaps some good old fashioned human contact will do wonders.
Kris Kasprzak