Graphics card spec

I am considering buying Solid Edge for my company that manufactures low voltage electrical control gear, I would be installing the software on my laptop (4GB RAM, Windows7/8, 1GB dedicated graphics).
Your webpage (system requirements) does not talk about graphics card specs, would any dedicated graphics card say with a 1 GB memory suffice please?
Your representative in Bangalore, India is insisting that I buy the Nvidia Quadro graphics card only. Is this mandatory?
1 REPLY

Re: Graphics card spec

It is recommended that a professional graphics card be used based on the actual README file that ships with ST6. There are two product lines that fit that description: Nvidia Quadro family and the AMD FirePro family. The reason that the representative was stressing the NVidia Quadro family was because NVIDA has had a better historical record of providing a better product. The memory amount is not so important as the advanced visualization elements that the cards support that Solid Edge employs.
Here is the Siemens PLM certification chart for graphics cards for Solid Edge:
http://support.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/certification/Graphics_Certification_Table.xl...
Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1