How do I get the trial version to activate?

I have not received an activation code in my email...should I try to register all over again?

Gil

8 REPLIES

Re: How do I get the trial version to activate?

Hello Gil,

Sorry, I've not been through the trial download process, so am not explicitly familiar with what should be sent.

One of the admins for the trial software group should see your post soon though [will be local time relevant though], and sort out your activation issue.

Actually, I recall reading that there was a built-in [time certain] license for this, so it should just run. Does it not work at all?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP7] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi

you can't reuse an email address when applying for a trial.

From Siemens:

The display of the activation code in the welcome email is normally not needed and is for reference only.  The activation code is still used to manage the license file, but the user does not have to enter the activation code.  It is handled automatically during download and install.  Starting with ST7, when the user selects the “Download” button, they are prompted to save the “Solid_Edge_Web_Installer”.  The web installer is unique to each trial user and contains the activation code for that trial user.

When the user clicks on the web installer:

1. The software is downloaded.
  2. The download file is un-zipped.
  3. Solid Edge is installed
  4. The license utility is run using the activation code for the trial user.
  5. Solid Edge is started.

All of these steps happen automatically.  The user will see a dialog box with the progress steps.

The activation code is not displayed on the download web page.

If the user has already installed Solid Edge, such as from a DVD, when they execute the “Solid_Edge_Web_Installer” it will skip the product download and install process, and activate the trial.

Hope this helps

Yeah its not working, so I dont know to do. Just wont activate. I can try
another download with another email I have?

Gil

I get this error when I launch SE

After the error, then this screen pops up

Gil,

I have sent you a PM.  If you can reply to that, hopefully we can get you taken care of and up and running.

Thank you and regards,

Dave

I have a pretty similar problem. Just downloaded the very first time Solid Edge 8 (am completly new to this software), and received through mail an (trial) activation key. However, when I try to enter that, it says, my account has expired and it has been disabled.

Any hint what I possibly did wrong? Already tried with a second registration but same effect.

Just sent you a PM.  If you can respond to the PM I can look into this for you.

Thank you and regards,

-Dave