Line symmetry problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am new to Solid Edge have been a FreeCad user and this is probably a simple stupid question.

I am trying to make a line symmetric to a construction line. In FreeCad I would select the lines end points and then the bisecting construction line. The select the symmetry constriant , "><". Now the center point of the line is locked to the construcion, or even a normal line, and changing the length of the line the construction line is still in the center.

Alfred

4 REPLIES

Re: Line symmetry problem

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @alfred,

If I understand you correctly.....what you are looking for is the "Connect" relationship, when wanting to add this after the fact.

However, you can do this during creation also. The key is to look at the Prompt Bar at the bottom of the screen, for options and next process information, and you'll notice that during the line command you can pick the mid point of your target reference line, then tap the "S" key for Symmetric, you might also include a perpendicular relationship [or place an angular dimension] before finishing out with the extent step, and it will be locked there.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Lety me show this, probably should have done thi first:

Capture.PNG

What I want is the center of the regtangle's vertical to be on the horizonal construction line.

alfred

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @alfred,

Ah, yes....well then it is just as I said first. Place a "Connect" relationship. [see my short video]

(view in My Videos)

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you Sean, starting to see how things work here as compared to FreeCad.

alfred