Parts work but not assemblies

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi!

I have been using Solid Edge for ten days now, and are starting to get into the syntax. Problem is the program kind of crashed today. Not totally but kind of.....

The program works perfectly fine as long as I'm working with parts. I can both make new ones and open old ones. The problem comes when I try to open an assembly. Then the window freezes and keeps showing what was there before I tried to open the file. Weird thing is I can still save snapshots and export the file as another file type, just not do anything within the design window. Eventually the program crashes though, but I have managed to export all the assemblies to ifc-files (since this is not done in the design window). The files looks perfectly fine in Sketchup.  Same problem happens when I try to make an assembly from any part currently open....

I have tried to reboot the computer and reinstall Solid Edge without succsess...

Any suggestions for what the problem could be?

3 REPLIES

Re: Parts work but not assemblies

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @RasmusL,

Could you provide some details on your system specs?.....also, I pressume you're working with only files saved locally to your PC, yes??

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey Sean!

Everything works fine again today!

I'm running on a laptop with i7-6500U 2.5 GHz processor, Intel HD graphics 520 and 8 GB RAM.

I wasn't confident SE would run smoothly when I installed, but it did for ten days. Thats why I found it so wierd that it suddenly couldn't make even the smallest assembly anymore. But as I said, it works again today for some reason!

Rasmus

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RasmusL,

Good to hear it's working again......only thing I could attribute something like that too is, Operating System, or indeed some other user installed software numerous updates. [such as.... Adobe, Apple & Anti-Virus products]

Anyway, hope the good running continues.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10