Problems with ST as well as with ST4

Creator
Creator
1) Regarding Part List -
Can we able to generate a auto part list in SE ST to Excel?

Part list will be auto generated to MS Excel and will change automatically (in Excel) including its description when the model is modified.

2) Regarding V Weld -
Please confirm that curvature on V-Weld will come in detail view. Detail view must show V-Weld with Unequal Fillet or V-Weld with Unequal Fillet with an undercut. Welding symbol must be similar to IS Standard.

3) Regarding Mirror -
In case of symmetrical objects we want to mirror it in such a way that it holds all assembly relations. Once we modify the size of an assembly, mirrored parts/assembly change its location accordingly.

e.g. : Suppose One assembly (7M Length) has 25 no of items. We assemble the one side of symmetrical axis. Then we want to mirror it all at a time in such a way that if we use Parametricity and change the 7M to 9M, mirror parts should shift to new location along with all assembly relation. I do not want to mirror one by one because sometimes we may be required to assemble 50 to 100 nos of parts.

4) Angular Bracing -
Facing problem at the time of assembling angular items. Everything including gusset plate and other minute detail must get updated once the bracing distance and breadth get altered.

5) CG Mark -
CG mark of a particular assembly must come with a dimension and must get updated once the assembly get changed.
CG mark is coming in modeling stage but I need it at Drawing stage.

6) Material -
Material for ISPL must get updated once the part get changed.
1 REPLY

Re: Problems with ST as well as with ST4

Siemens Master Siemens Master
Siemens Master
1) Regarding Part List -
Can we able to generate a auto part list in SE ST to Excel?

DS --> Yes. You can do this in Assembly (called Reports) or in Draft (called Parts Lists)

2) Regarding V Weld -
Please confirm that curvature on V-Weld will come in detail view. Detail view must show V-Weld with Unequal Fillet or V-Weld with Unequal Fillet with an undercut. Welding symbol must be similar to IS Standard.

DS --> Don't know this one offhand except to say we spend a lot of time doing welds and detailing same, so I'd be surprised if the answer was no.

3) Regarding Mirror -
In case of symmetrical objects we want to mirror it in such a way that it holds all assembly relations. Once we modify the size of an assembly, mirrored parts/assembly change its location accordingly.

e.g. : Suppose One assembly (7M Length) has 25 no of items. We assemble the one side of symmetrical axis. Then we want to mirror it all at a time in such a way that if we use Parametricity and change the 7M to 9M, mirror parts should shift to new location along with all assembly relation. I do not want to mirror one by one because sometimes we may be required to assemble 50 to 100 nos of parts.

DS --> Not in ST4. But very soon.

4) Angular Bracing -
Facing problem at the time of assembling angular items. Everything including gusset plate and other minute detail must get updated once the bracing distance and breadth get altered.

DS --> There are several ways to do this.

5) CG Mark -
CG mark of a particular assembly must come with a dimension and must get updated once the assembly get changed.
CG mark is coming in modeling stage but I need it at Drawing stage.

DS --> You can turn on the CG mark in Draft. I think you do it by editing the drawing view properties. It is a small mark, you have to look for.

6) Material -
Material for ISPL must get updated once the part get changed.

DS --> Not sure what ISPL is, but Materials are stored with part and available at ASM or Drafting level.