ST7 free trial refuses to activate

After downloading the installer and running it, a screen  offers a licence agreement (which I accept) then a box appears telling me to wait whilst my product is being activated. Several seconds later another box appears saying my subscription has expired and my account has been de-activated.

So far I have spent 2 days trying to download a trial version of ST7 and all I seem to have seen are pages which fail to load, pages that have the single word 'problem' on them and every form of block to discourage me from trying ST7.

Is there someone out there whon would like to activate my account for more than a few minutes? Ideally someopne who can give me a download with a valid subscripotion key?

Win7 Pro 64 bit trying to download ST7 3D. 2D is currently operational (and a far easier process).

Simon.

4 REPLIES

Re: ST7 free trial refuses to activate

[ Edited ]

Simon0362 wrote:
2D is currently operational (and a far easier process).

Hi Simon,

THIS, may well be your issue....typically "there can be only one" [to coin a phrase] instance of Solid Edge, in any form, on one system, via the standard installation procedure.

Try removing all current Solid Edge software....and re-try.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

A "Highlander" fan eh?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Simon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. SE dev is curious about how you ended up with this error. Please email me your contact info and we will be in touch to discuss the problem in more detail and see if we can get you up an running.

jeffrey.walker@siemens.com

Thanks,

Jeff Walker

I downloaded ST7 yesterday and used it a couple hours. Today I went to use it and I get the "Your free trial... has expired..." message. Attempt to enter the activation code returns the same message.