GTAC BBS Integration

by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎07-21-2014 05:00 AM - edited (10,224 Views)

Let's all welcome the former users of the GTAC BBS to the Solid Edge Community. The old format is being closed down, and the content has been migrated to a special area of the Solid Edge Community. This will only be accessible by maintenance customers, same as the GTAC BBS.

The migrated BBS content can still be browsed and searched, but new conversations should be started in the board set up for that purpose, outside of the archived BBS area.

If you have a question to ask the community, ask it in the main Solid Edge Forum. It will have a better chance of getting answered there.

Just to familiarize new members with what we have going on here, the top level Siemens PLM Community contains several categories, including, NX, Technomatix, and Solid Edge, among others. I encourage you to explore the breadcrumb links at the top of the column.

The Solid Edge Community contains this blog, a knowledge base, and a forum. We have separate areas for developers, academics, and specific software like 45 day trial and Free 2D.

The community platform offers more modern options that the BBS users should be able to enjoy with the rest of us. For example, you can subscribe to RSS feeds of various community boards (using the drop down menu at the top).

If you have any questions about the functionality of the Community site, or the transition of the GTAC data, you can send me (Matt Lombard) a private message or post a message in the Community Suggestions board.

Again, welcome to all the GTAC BBS users, I hope you will enjoy your new home for all things Solid Edge.

[UPDATE]:

It appears that the date for the actual migration has been pushed back. Everything should be in place by July 28th. Thanks for your patience.

[UPDATE]:

Thursday: Ok, we've got it. Check out the BBS archives (if you are on maintenance)

Comments
by Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
on ‎07-21-2014 05:06 AM

Very nice to have this integrated. Where can I find the Solid Edge for SharePoint section?

by Valued Contributor
on ‎07-21-2014 09:24 AM

I've poked around a bit - with no luck. Where is the NX Language forum now?

Thanks,

Steve

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎07-21-2014 09:24 AM

IJsbrand,

The SharePoint section exists, but it is limited right now. I'll look into if we can open it up.

by Phenom
‎07-21-2014 09:31 AM - edited ‎07-21-2014 09:32 AM

I presume SteveA is in the same boat as me, a new Community user.

I only learned the BBS stuff was being migrated over here this morning, but as far as I can tell it hasn't been (yet)!

I was also quite active in the NX Languages forum, but can't find any sign of it so far.

by Valued Contributor
on ‎07-21-2014 10:29 AM

Thanks MLombard.

An earlier post says:

"Let's all welcome the former users of the GTAC BBS to the Solid Edge Community. The old format is being closed down, and the content has been migrated to a special area of the Solid Edge Community. This will only be accessible by maintenance customers, same as the GTAC BBS."

Does this pertain to all former users of the GTAC BBS being welcomed to the Solid Edge Community - or just Solid Edge users?

Will there be "a special area" of the NX Design community for GTAC BBS NX Language forum users?

Thanks...

Steve A.

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎07-21-2014 10:44 AM

Steve,

I'm just really welcoming Solid Edge users. The other GTAC migrated content will be in its respective categories. Apparently there is some delay with actually populating the content. I'll keep you all updated when we have some news.

by Valued Contributor
on ‎07-21-2014 10:51 AM

Great. Thanks for the update.

Labels