Getting Started with Solid Edge

by Community Manager Community Manager on ‎01-10-2014 04:30 AM (4,348 Views)

Were you interested in competing for all the great prizes in the “Get Radical” Razor PowerWing Design Challenge but hesitant to try because you’ve never designed in Solid Edge? Well, fret no more. It’s easy as 1-2-3.

Join us for a free 30-minute webinar that will get you designing your radical Razor Scooter in minutes, and discover how solid edge provides the speed and simplicity of direct modeling with the flexibility and control of parametric design- all in one easy to use package. 

Think Radical. Win Prizes. Have Fun. Design Better.

Webinar Details

When: Thursday Jan 16, 2014- 2 PM EST

Title: Webinar: Getting Started with Solid Edge

To register :  https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/579417686

Webinar Operator-Josh Mings

Host- John Gaioni, Siemens PLM Senior Marketing Manager-Global

Demonstrator- Doug Stainbrook, Solid Edge Field Support Engineer

Comments
by Enthusiast
on ‎01-10-2014 04:56 PM
Hi Matt, Could you do a review of Revision Manager sometime? Specifically would it be a good one-man shop PDM? Also can you use it to copy an assembly to a new assembly with new filenames and/or part numbers? Thanks, Daniel
by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎01-10-2014 05:51 PM

I saw one of our partners in Canada just posted a RM blog. Maybe it will be helpful. See here:

http://blog.designfusion.com/designfusion_blog/working-with-revision-manager

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎01-10-2014 06:51 PM

Revision Manager? Yes, that's on my list of stuff I want to learn. I'll give it a look. Meanwhile, the link Dan gives actually leads you through working with it rather than offering opinions.

Thanks for the request!

by Experimenter
on ‎01-13-2014 05:15 AM

HI sir... this is jay working as tech support for this solid edge software. this blog is quiet interesting and i am excited to attend this webinar. but unfortunately the time is not matching for me. it will be around 12.30 am on 17th jan. can u help me in downloading this webinar or watching this later on.... 

help me sir if u can, coz i don want to miss this opportunity.

by Enthusiast
on ‎01-15-2014 01:08 PM
Hi Dan and Matt, Thank you Dan for the link on Revision Manager. It didn't answer one question quite clear enough for me. Can you use Revision manager to copy a project and rename all the files in the new copy? For example if I have Assembly Widget, can I copy and rename it Assembly Special Widget? And have all associated files be renamed with the prefix Special? Thanks Matt, I look forward to your article on it as well. Regards, Daniel
by Esteemed Contributor
on ‎01-16-2014 05:11 PM

Revision Manager shows the structure of the assembly and allows:

Move/Rename/Copy of individual items or the entire structure.

Replacement of individual items in the structure with different items.

Where used of the items and subsequent Move/Copy/Rename/Update of found items.

by Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
on ‎01-20-2014 10:56 AM

Hi Jay, 

Here is the recording of the webinar: 

by Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
on ‎01-20-2014 10:59 AM

BTW, here is a rendering of the fender that Doug did after the webinar.

by Experimenter
on ‎01-25-2014 05:20 AM

HI burhop, Thank u very much.... I will see the video by evening....

Actually I am the tech support for solid edge software in my organization... Peoples asking diff doubts... I have to learn more.... Me too a learner like you friend.... Hope all is well... I will reply after completing the webinar... Thank u once again...

Labels