Solid Edge Certification

by Community Manager Community Manager ‎06-24-2016 02:51 PM - edited ‎06-24-2016 03:10 PM (1,048 Views)

Solid_Edge_Certified_Professional_250x75.jpg

Did you know that you can get certified as a Solid Edge Professional? There is also a certification for students. The test recognizes your skill in using Solid Edge to build parts and assemblies. Certification is valuable to users for a number of reasons:

• show your employer or prospective employer that your skills have reached a recognized level
  • friendly competition with your coworkers or user group members
  • show the rest of the online community your Certification badge

Employers and managers also find certifications valuable:

• certification can be used as a measurable accomplishment as part of a training program
  • employees with a goal remain more focussed
  • Solid Edge Certification on a resume gives a certain level of confidence in a candidate's skill level
  • There is a certain esprit de corps among certified users, which helps morale

Students and Educators find similar benefits:

• certification can be used for educators to assess skills
  • Associate Level II graduates receive free 12 month subscription of Solid Edge Foundation
  • certification adds substance to your first professional resume

Certification is done online, so it's easy to for everyone to access. You need your own computer, internet connection, and Solid Edge license and about 3 hours to finish the test. The test is nominally $99/$25 for students (keep your eyes open for passes from various Siemens sources). Free certification tests are available to everyone who attends SEU16, where they will even have a study session two hours before the free exam.

SE-certification-main_tcm1023-242019.jpg

The exam for professionals includes modeling parts and assemblies of various complexities from projected view drawings. You are given 3 hours to take the test. The student's exam is somewhat shorter and simpler. We have a couple hundred users certified already.

To prepare for the exam, use the self-paced library of courses in the Solid Edge Help, or come to SEU where we will be offering a study session. For the professional exam, you should have at least a year of experience using the software, and know how all the feature creation, editing, and PMI tools work.

To get in on the certification action, go to the certification site and get started.

Comments
by Phenom
on ‎06-28-2016 12:24 PM

Matt-

Knowing what it takes to create instructional materials and courseware for CAD and PLM I am glad to see such programs starting to take shape.

Will there be different levels or SE certification? 

Let me know if SE group needs some help in identifying and building out materials! Smiley Happy

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎06-29-2016 11:30 AM

Right now the levels are Pro, Associate I, and Associate II. The certification is being driven by the documentation guys.

by Phenom
on ‎06-29-2016 04:11 PM

Thank you Matt. When I was developing the Engineering/Manufacturing development matrix at one of my past employers I put together what we call mini-masters certificates. These were designed around the job roles of the both departments. Everyone received the basic CAD/PLM (SAP) training and then we broke things done by roles. As continuing education we built a couple mini-masters for things like Sheet Metal design (based on knowledge of company standards and design practices), large assembly maintenance, design data maintenance, Electrical Harness (using NX electrical routing and formboard design) and a couple others.

Not knowing how in-depth the current program goes maybe looking at "module" specific or process specific certificates would be beneficial for companies. Just a thought. 

by Solution Partner Visionary Solution Partner Visionary
on ‎03-14-2017 04:16 AM

Hi @MLombard

Is there any place where one can check somebody else's claim of being a Certified Solid Edge Professional? A method we can check if a person is really certified?

Thanks

--------------------

Hasanka Mapa

Solid Edge ST9 Certified Professional

by Community Manager Community Manager
on ‎03-14-2017 09:10 AM

@mapa377 One thing you can do is right here on the forum. When someone gets certified, they get a badge. The badge will show you what version the certification was taken on.

That's the only official route right now. Unofficially, you can always ask me, and while I don't have direct access to the list, I know who does. Please use the forum's private message function or email me directly.

Labels