Solid Edge featured in Microsoft Surface Pro 4 launch

by Siemens Genius Siemens Genius ‎10-08-2015 04:37 AM - edited ‎10-23-2015 01:10 PM (1,116 Views)

This week Microsoft launched the Surface Pro 4 in New York and it was great to see that Solid Edge user Bob Mileti from Trlby Innovative was featured right at the start of the event! Bob was one of the first adopters of Solid Edge on the Surface Pro 3 and is finding that he now has greater flexibility to solve design issues anywhere and anytime.

You can watch the Surface Pro 4 launch video here - the case study featuring Bob Mileti and Solid Edge starts just 1 minute into the video. And to find out more about how we have tuned Solid Edge to run on the Surface Pro - for example by using finger gestures on the touchscreen to pan, zoom and rotate your 3D models check out our Solid Edge on the Surface Pro web page.

Comments
by Legend
on ‎10-08-2015 08:41 AM

Is there any way to lock rotations when using gesture pan and zoom? I mean besides gesturing with two fingers. One little slip and you have to start over.

I do a lot of architectural work where I have to check alignments. The first thing I do with a space naviagtor is program a rotation lock button.

by Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
on ‎10-09-2015 03:35 AM

Locking view rotation during finger gesture zoom and pan operations sounds like a useful capability. I have forwarded to our technical team - they asked if you can provide us a bit more information about what sort of alignments you are checking?

by Legend
on ‎10-09-2015 08:52 AM

One example: The style of architecture we work with has a lot of quirks and reveals, two words for a long decorative slot. And there may be a door or window casing or column cover that needs to match. I often line up a view with a wall and then zoom and pan all over it to check that it all matches.

by Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
on ‎10-09-2015 09:46 AM

Thanks for the example - I have passed it on to the technical team with my support as a requested capability

by Legend
on ‎10-09-2015 09:56 AM

Thanks!

Labels