Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API function to load where used list into Design Manager

Phenom
Phenom

Does anyone know if a function call exists to feed a list of where used files into Design Manager?  We use Design Manager for file operations and it would be nice to catch the where used (drafts mainly and other assemblies) so all can be updated in one action.  Where used (non indexed) can take from 15 minutes to 2 hrs.  The Fast Index does not work here,not using Windows as file server, that horse is dead.  I built an indexer that uses our SQL database with two tables; one for all the SE file we have and another that is just has parent child links.  We use a GUI that shows thumbnails and two tree views, one for WU and one for BOM.  It would be great if I could just pipe the where used data into Design Manager some how.  I have given up looking, asking here incase someone has ideas to share.

There's still a voice in my head saying, "since Design Manager and SE will talk to some indexer service that is installed on Windows Filer Servers then there should be a way to get in on that conversation."

A PDM solution for CAD data is very important to our department.  We've looked into Team Center and for our needs it's much too large and costly. 

Thank you.

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.
1 REPLY 1

Re: API function to load where used list into Design Manager

Phenom
Phenom

From the lack of responces I'm going to assume that is a NO at this point.

Oh well, worth a shot...

If you cannot find a Solid Edge setting, confirm you have a file open of the type that will be affected.