Add-In Icon Transparency

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I spent decent amount of time trying to figure how to get the toolbox icons background transparent. Tried (some) indexed formats with RGB 255, 0, 255 values, tried 32 bit BMP (with alpha), tried 24 bit BMP with that same RGB "toolbox transparent" to no avail.

If someone has an answer / solution of how to form the icons to get the background transparent I'm all ears. Especially now with ST and the ribbon-UI (with highlight on mouseover), anything else than proper transparency (preferably with alpha layer though) looks darn ugly.

Br,

Kalle

Posted by: Kalle Launiala
Post date: 11/25/2008 10:20:40 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Add-In Icon Transparency

[ Edited ]

Apparently the quick access toolbar honors the magenta RGB 255,0,255 as transparent. However the ribbon-bar nor the add-in menu do not recognise that as a transparent.

Not sure if the quick access toolbar recognised the alpha channel as well, if I recall right, it could have worked with that as well, but again the ribbon-bar didn't.

Br,

Kalle

Post date: 11/25/2008 10:35:51 AM

[ Edited ]

Try 212, 208, 200

Works in Version 20 for a command button.

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 11/25/2008 10:41:41 AM

[ Edited ]

Ahh great, thanks for the swift reply!

I did browse through the 2005 seminar stuff and saw the example, but stupid me, didn't try those exact icon background values that were in the example (as I thought they were just "old" grey background color).

So if it didn't become clear, I tested your solution with ST add-in and it worked without any issues.

Br,

Kalle

Post date: 11/25/2008 11:16:53 AM