Add In not listed

Hello,

I try to add a C# add-in to Solid Edge with visual studio 2012 .

The debug finished succesfully but the add-in is not added in the Solid edge Add In Manager.

The same Add In was added successfully in another PC that has the same configuration (Windows7 , ST6 ,. Net framework 4 and 4.5)

Could you help me please ?

Thanks.

Mahbouba

2 REPLIES

Re: Add In not listed

[ Edited ]

It is likely an x86\x64 issue. A 64-bit Windows machine can support 32-bit or 64-bit applications and COM components. Windows accomplishes this by storing 32-bit & 64-bit COM component information in separate places in the registry. Depending on which platform you're targeting, you have to execute the correct RegAsm.exe. What most people get wrong is they execute the 32-bit version of RegAsm.exe when they want to register for Solid Edge (x64).

Windows (x64) & Solid Edge (x86)

Register a .NET Solid Edge AddIn

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /codebase %PATH_TO_ADDIN_DLL%

Unregister a .NET Solid Edge AddIn

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /u %PATH_TO_ADDIN_DLL%

Registry path of registered AddIn

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{%ADDIN_GUID%}]

Windows (x64) & Solid Edge (x64)

Register a .NET Solid Edge AddIn

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /codebase %PATH_TO_ADDIN_DLL%

Unregister a .NET Solid Edge AddIn

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\RegAsm.exe /u %PATH_TO_ADDIN_DLL%

Registry path of registered AddIn

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{%ADDIN_GUID%}

I don't know how you're creating your AddIn but I encourage you to look at my Solid Edge Community Templates Quick Start blog post for more information.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Re: Add In not listed

Hello Jason,

Thank you to helping me.

Everything is OK now.

Regards.

Mahbouba