Add Suffix on a Dimension

Guys,

Need your help again. I need to add suffix to a dimension on a draft file from an excel sheet linked to it. I have a part file with variables linked to cells on an excel file. When I change a cell value in excel, the part changes and then automatically changes the dimensions. But, I have another cell for tolerance and I want to add this +/- 0.002 as a suffix on the dimension as well. Please advise.

Thanks,

Chinna

Posted by: chinna raju
Post date: 7/29/2011 12:12:25 PM

2 REPLIES

RE: Add Suffix on a Dimension

hi chinna

what mathod did you use to link the xls to the part? is via the variable table or any programming?

the tolerance on the dft is a dimension property (not a variable property) that is manually inserted just like you can choose dimension type or how many decimals...

there is an option the set the tolerances the same way but in part env, expose those on the variable and then retrieve dimensions in the dft on a selected drawing view. these part tolerances are not visible on the variable table.

did it help in any way?

Alon

Posted by: alon raviv
Post date: 8/11/2011 4:22:10 AM

RE: Add Suffix on a Dimension

Hi Alon,

I used the variable table to link the xls to the part. The way we do it on a draft is just to enter it as a suffix string. I figured out a way to do it last week. Thanks for your response anyways

Posted by: chinna raju
Post date: 8/14/2011 12:50:31 PM