Solved! Go to solution

Addin with access database

Hello,

I want to build an C# addin from the edgebar sample.

In this addin i open a window where i want to use ame data from a access database (Version 2010).

When i do this i get the error: The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0-provider is not registred on the local computer.

I followed the answers from this link but it doesnt work.

To test it i created a windows application with the same data and that is working.

Thanks.

Patrick Keller

9 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author PKE
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

The first thing that comes to my mind is a x86\x64 issue....

The first thing that comes to my mind is a x86\x64 issue. Some questions you need to answer:

• What is the OS platform (x86 or x64)
  • What is the installed Solid Edge platform (x86 or x64)
  • What platform was your test application built for (x86 or x64 or Any CPU)

Depending on what platfom a executable is built for, it will use the same platform drivers. So a common scenario with things like OLEDB is that you have 32 bit drivers installed but not 64 bit drivers. If that is the case, then it easily explains why one works but not the other. 

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Re: The first thing that comes to my mind is a x86\x64 issue....

Hello Jason,

I use windows 7 64 bit anf ST5 64 bit and office 2010 32 bit so its like your explanation.
Do you have an advice for a workarround.

Best regards

Patrick Keller

Patrick,
you may download and install the 64-bit redistributable for Office 2010 64-bit. That should install the 64-bit driver necessary to access the database from a 64-bit application.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255

I have just read something that the 64-bit driver cannot coexist with the 32-bit driver, so you should check, if you still need the 32-bit driver. I haven't used any of both, so I can't confirm, if installing the 64-bit redistributable will work and whether it can be installed together with the 32-bit driver.

Dear Martin,

Unfortunatly i cannot install the 64bit redistributable for Office 2010 because of my 32bit Office installation.

Have to look for something else.

The only thing which comes to my mind is to launch from your addin an external 32-bit wrapper process which does the database access and communicate with that process through IPC.

Martin,

Why can't you install the redistributable? It shouldn't matter what version of Office you currently have installed as it is just components. Have you tried the install? Also, I ran across this post that may be of interest. http://www.connectionstrings.com/the-microsoft-ace-oledb-12-0-provider-is-not-registered-on-the-loca...
Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

I have seen it on another site, that there is a limitation with the ACE driver, that 32- and 64-bit drivers cannot coexist. Probably it is not true?!
There is nothing more that testing it... ;-)

I tried to install the 64bit redistributable and that gives an error message it cannot install because there are 32bit Office products installed.

I tried to call an exe from the addin and thats working.

Patrick