Solved! Go to solution

Addin with wizard

Hi. 

I want to create a plugin with the wizard ISO Part. The wizard must be available to create from start menu ("File-New-My ISO Part") . Wizard configures parameters ISO part. Is an example from Altium and Visual Studio to describe the logic that I want to implement in the plugin

Q: how to implement my idea correctly?

Alitum Designer

Visual Studio

4 REPLIES

Re: Addin with wizard

To get you off the ground with creating a Solid Edge AddIn, please read my following Code Project articles.

My articles are MFC based but you can certainly create an addin using ATL. MFC is preferrable if you're going to creating GUI components in your addin.

Regarding the File -> New requirement, I'm not sure that's supported but there are alternatives. For example, you could have a ribbon in the Application environment (no document open) that would have a button to invoke the wizard.

I suggest you read the articles, download the code and get familiar with the addin architecture. In the mean time, I'll ponder ways to implement what you're asking for.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Thans for answer.

For example, you could have a ribbon in the Application environment (no document open) that would have a button to invoke the wizard.

When I start Solid Edti RibbonBar is not displayed.

2. May be make a custom template, and subscribe to events "Opening a template"? In this handler, check the type of the template and run your own master.

Anyway, until I doing through the opening of the "ISO Part". Someone reading this post can see my test project on https://github.com/kav-it/SolidEdge.Gundrill.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kavit
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

You can display a ribbon in the Application environment. Just because there's not one by default doesn't mean you can't create one in your adddin.

There is an example ribbon in the following repository.

https://github.com/SolidEdgeCommunity/Samples-CPP/tree/master/AddIns/AddInDemo

Regarding your idea of a custom template and subscribing to the event, maybe. It's been awhile since I've worked with those events so I'd have to look into it and get back with you.

Jason Newell
Applications Architect
www.jasonnewell.net

Thanks for the help. I will make while using RibbonBar