Adding icons to the QAT with and Add-in

[ Edited ]

Hey,

In my company, we have a macro that we use very frequently, and adding it alone to a new toolbar under the "Add-ins" tab, does not seem very usefull, so i've been trying to add it to the Quick Access Toolbar in SE-ST, but couldn't find a way to do it..

I have found out that the Office QAT is based on a .QAT file in the use setting files, but the SE QAT is not there... 

Is there any way to add this macro's icon to the QAT using an add-in or another program that will do it non-interactivly?

TIA,

Pasha.

Posted by: Pasha Vaks
Post date: 3/9/2009 9:54:38 PM

3 REPLIES

RE: Adding icons to the QAT with and Add-in

[ Edited ]

I don't believe there is an API way to interact with the QAT just yet. You should be able to drag the icon for your command up to the QAT manually. I haven't tried it though.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 3/9/2009 10:03:08 PM

[ Edited ]

Hi Pasha,

The Quick Access Toolbar settings are saved in the registry. The key path is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 100\UI\DMPart-Controls for the SyncPart environment (change the last key name for the other environments). The actual data is stored in the binary value 'Controls'. I haven't deciphered the key format yet but it is on my TODO list

Cheers

Calum

Posted by: Calum McLellan
Post date: 3/9/2009 10:27:29 PM

[ Edited ]

Hello again Smiley Happy

There is an API way to read the QAT:

objApp.Environments.Item("Part").CommandCategories.Item("Quick Access Toolbar"),

But as i said - this seems to be read only. the "Add" method doesn't work on it (or  on any other CommandCategorie), and it is not even mentioned in the SDK.

Anyway - i will need a way to set this control automatically in the user's environment.

Calum - thanks for the key Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, i dont really know how to deal with binary values, so i'll wait for you to deciphere it..

Thanks a lot!

Pasha.

Posted by: Pasha Vaks
Post date: 3/10/2009 1:38:40 AM