Solved! Go to solution

Auto-answer: Designed in the context of the assembly .... Do you want to open this assembly? with No

When opening a part, that has been created using create in place, Solid Edge asks the following question: "The requested component in ... was designed in the context of the assembly .... Do you want to open this assembly?" A macro should be able to detect this message and automatically answer it with "No". Unfortunately, I've not found a way to do that.

I know "DisplayAlerts" can be set to "False" for the Solid Edge application. Solid Edge will then simply open the part. The drawback of this is that it hides every message or alert. Which is not desirable.

Does anyone know of a (proper) way to do this? Thanks!

With kind regards,

Niels Brugman

4 REPLIES

Re: Auto-answer: Designed in the context of the assembly .... Do you want to open this assembly? wit

im not aware of a way but cant you simply set DisplayAlerts = False prior to opening and reset DisplayAlerts = True after the file is open?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Re: Auto-answer: Designed in the context of the assembly .... Do you want to open this assembly? wit

Well, I'm not very fond of that. That would hide other messages/alerts that might occur upon opening a file as well, which could result in other messages/alerts (that you actually do want to see) passing by unnoticed.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author niels_brugman
Wednesday

You can also use Microsoft's provided AutomationElement class (in conjunction with a tool like AutomationSpy) to control dialogs.

Siemens PLM Software, Inc.
Project Test Engineer (Automation)

I was unaware of this option. I haven't tested it, but from what I've read & seen so far, this will allow me to do what I wanted. Thank you!