Balloon Menu API

Creator
Creator

I have a program that interfaces with Solid Edge draft enviornment (written in VB.Net)

I am trying to add an operation that will change the balloon command bar. The options I want to be able to change are circled in the attached image.

The user would run the operation, the shape and height would automatically change, then the user manually places the balloons in the drawing.

I specifically need the object path needed to change those options, so something like "Application -> ActiveDocument -> Properties", or function that makes the change for you. If you know there is something that does this already that I would easily be able to look at the code, you could just link it and I will look through it.

12 REPLIES

Re: Balloon Menu API

For API and development Qs your target audiance is over here: http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Developer-Forum/bd-p/SEDeveloperForum

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

Creator
Creator
That is where this was posted. if you follow your link, you would see this as the 3rd post(as of right now)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

I don't think there is a way to change the ribbon of build in command.

The values you are trying to change can be stored in the "Saved setting" file (in templates see DraftBalloon.txt)

You could change this file  with your program and try it this is recognized when you start the Balloon command in Solid Edge.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Creator
Creator

JB,

Interesting idea!

I looked into it a little, but it does not seem like the "DraftBalloon.txt" file controls the balloon command bar in any way, just the drop down options.

Maybe there is a different file that controls the command bar though? Initial searches did not come up with anything, but I'll keep looking.

Edit: So far the only file related to Solid edge that changes is the Theme layouts file (.xml file), but cant find any words related to the balloon command bar...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

We have one option but its risky one.

you can change the default values in "Registry Editior". 

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 106\PrefSets\Annotation"

you will find the detiails about Annotations. you can change the values from vb.net. but its too risky, better take copy of "Registry file" and try this method.

Creator
Creator
So are you saying to copy the registry file with the desired presets and save that somewhere, then import that copied file with vb.net?

Solution Partner Phenom

Hi,

Changing the registry will not help. SE will read the  values at program start and write the last used values when it terminates. 

I don't think that there is a way by the SDK to change the behaviour of built in commands.

regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi JB,

After closing my solidedge, i changed my "Registry File". now i can see the change in ballon shape and text.

Solution Partner Phenom
Hi,
Yes this possible, but for that you don't need the API. And you have to shut down Solid Edge and start it after the change.
regards

JB
VS2015, SE ST10