Batch Print Option

[ Edited ]

I posted this to the Solid Edge Programming forum and got a lot of looks but no comment. So I thought I would try this forum. Read below please....

Is it possible to modify the current batch print utility or Power Toys so that you can sort the order in which the files are printed? I need to print the draft files based on the material type. The material type appears on the draft as "index referenced" information.

Thanks,

Eric

Posted by: Eric Hendricks
Post date: 11/10/2009 5:27:48 AM

2 REPLIES

RE: Batch Print Option

[ Edited ]

I see there have been lots of looks but no advice. I could really use some help with this one. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Posted by: Eric Hendricks
Post date: 11/12/2009 10:59:01 AM

RE: Batch Print Option

[ Edited ]

Eric,

If you need to dynamically read that information off the Draft in order to determine print order, that would be something really custom that you would either a.) Have to pay for it. or b.) Get lucky enough to find someone to write it for free.

If you can somehow determine the printer order yourself and produce a text file with the paths to the files, then you can order them like you want and call the batchprint.exe from the command line passing the path to the text file. I posted the command line arguments somewhere in the Solid Edge Misc. forums. I don't have them handy with me at the moment or I'd list them here.

You might reply with an attachment of an example .dft also. It always helps us when we can get our hands on a solid example.

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 11/12/2009 11:06:15 AM