Batch Printnig PDF's

Jason

I talked to you at the Summit, about batch printing PDF's

What I need to do is create PDF's from the following

What i am looking for is that every sheet prints as it's own pdf file. The name of each file needs to consist of a "Project number" that we can specify, the "sheet name" and the revision that is taken from the property text.

ex.

319779M ____Project number Taken from a value on a linked title block

04001_______Drawing Sheet number or name. (Normaly between 1 and 10 sheets)

P1__________Revision Taken from the draft file properties.

319779M04001P1.pdf____________Name of files required

We also need this to work with a Single Sheet drawing

We are currently using 5D PDF Creator

Thanks

John Matthews

Hatch

905-469-3402 ex 3126

Posted by: John Matthews
Post date: 10/4/2005 1:02:13 AM

3 REPLIES

RE: Batch Printnig PDF's

John,

Good to hear from you. Currently I'm eyeing using http://itextsharp.sourceforge.net/ for the .pdf generation. It's an open source java port to .NET. That will give us much more control over the .pdf creation.

I could really use a little more detail about exactly what you need from me. Are you wanting a standalone .exe that will do this in batch, or is this a macro that someone runs? The file naming part I understand. Do you want 2 separate programs? i.e. 1st to generate the .pdf's and the 2nd for batch printing .pdf's?

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 10/4/2005 1:51:59 AM

I did it in VB6 obtaining automatically a PDF with the same dimension as the drawing (A4, A3, A2,A1, A0 and landscape). I'm using PDF Creator too for generating the PDF manually but in VB6 I'm using Adobe PS printer (free) + GhostScrit .dll: If you need it I can provide this piece of code.

Regards.

Posted by: francesco marcheluzzo
Post date: 11/7/2006 7:50:42 PM

It also would be great if this batch program can export the draftlist to an excel file with the correct filename.

Since we've no PDM or such i've te manually copy paste every draftlist to an excel file. And that's an hell of a job.

Posted by: Robert Blom
Post date: 11/13/2006 8:47:37 PM