Block related object hierarchy diagram

Hi there,

I'm using the API to essentially create a BOM for a drawing on a particular sheet of a .dft document. It is fairly straightforward, I can get the block name, occurrence name, iterate over the block view names, etc.

I attribute most of my progress to the feature of Visual Studio, which provides options for applicable objects/properties and methods as I `explore' SE object types. For instance, VS lets me know that the object

[code type=vb]DftDoc.Sections.WorkingSection.Sheets.Item(i).BlockOccurrences.Item(j).Block.[/code]

Possesses the objects/properties: Name, Parent, OccurenceCount, Default, View, etc. It would be really great to see an object hierarchy diagram which shows the interrelationships of block related objects. Has anyone come across something like this in public documentation?

At the moment, I'm wondering how to access Block Properties and am also interested in accessing annotations on a nominal layer.

Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Chris L'Esperance
Post date: 7/9/2013 7:44:10 AM

1 REPLY

Block related object hierarchy diagram

There are not any object diagrams that I'm aware of. Not any useful ones anyway. Besides using Visual Studio to browse the object model, my [url=http://www.jasonnewell.net/products/solid-edge-spy.html]Solid Edge Spy[/url] is damned useful for such things as well. I mention it in case you haven't run across it yet.

What I typically do to find stuff like what you're after, is I'll select the object of interest in Solid Edge. That adds the object to the Application.SelectSet. Once in there, you can easily navigate to the object and at least figure out what type of object it is *be sure to turn on "Show Interface Names" in the Solid Edge Spy tree. Once you know that, then you know what you're looking for when you drill down through the object model via the normal path. i.e. Application->ActiveDocument->ActiveSheet->...

Posted by: Jason Newell
Post date: 7/12/2013 3:09:34 AM